Bruce Township Places
- Eskdale – see Kincardine Township.
- Glammis – see Greenock Township.
- Gresham – an early post office near the centre of the township. The first postmaster was Edward J. Brown in 1861, and the post office closed in 1915 when rural mail delivery began.
- Inverhuron – a hamlet and post office on the Lake Huron shore. Its first postmaster, in 1854, was William Gunn, who also operated a general store.
- Lovat – see Greenock Township.
- North Bruce – see Saugeen Township.
- Queen Hill – see Saugeen Township.
- Tiverton – see Kincardine Township.
- Underwood – a hamlet and post office in the centre of the township. The township hall was located here.
- Willow Creek – an early post office near the centre of the township. The first postmaster, George Patterson, was appointed in 1874.
Bruce Township Notable People
William Hunter was a farmer and poet who lived on the 5th concession, near Underwood.
Donald MacGillivray, born on the 12th concession, became a Presbyterian missionary and scholar.
Alexander Patterson Mewhinney was a member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
Bruce Township.ca Unofficial website for the Township of Bruce Historical Society, with lots of information about the township’s history.
Bruce Township Memories by the Township of Bruce Historical Society, 1986.
Bruce Township Tales and Trails: From Early Years to 1983 by the Bruce Township Historical Society, 1984.
A Historic Album of Tiverton by the Tiverton Centennial Book Committee, 1979.
History of the County of Bruce by Norman Robertson, 1906.
MacGillivray of Shanghai: the life of Donald MacGillivray by Margaret H. Brown, 1968.